Friday, March 13, 2020

Southern Pine Asphalt Board As A Replacement For Homasote Update

As mentioned earlier in the Blog. I would update the blog with my experience with Southern Pine Asphalt board to replace Homasote. So far so good, if you will. The light asphalt coating was a little tacky when first bought but dries up with time sitting in the house waiting to be used. The product holds spikes and track nails sufficiently enough even after being pulled and reinserted into the same hole. When sawing and cutting it does tend to make a big mess but so does Homasote. I would recommend cutting outside in well ventilated area to save on clean up.


I have cut, installed and painted this product in the block just before the helix on the layout.
Painting takes 2 coats to cover with letting the first coat dry completely then applying the second coat to cover.



Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on a future post by following my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment